5.03.2006

Miller v. Bud

Today I reach the 48 hour mark in an unprecedented expiriment with sobriety. It's going OK, I'm a little shaky, but managed to fight off the angry hordes of snakes and cockroaches. Tonight I think the ol' credit card might come out to save me from this opressive driness.

I'm sexing up the blog a little today. Does this make you desirous of a Miller Light? I wrote in a post a while back that Henry Wienhards is now owned by Budwieser. I've found that Henry's was actually bought by Pabst in 1997 who later sold it to the Miller Brewing Co. who own it today. Miller, Bud, what's the difference, right? It's all the same watery psuedo-beer to me, usefull for bathing, stain-removal, beerbongs, and roudy sporting events. Well apearently Miller is the new darling of the culturally impoverished beer drinkers in America, much to the dismay of AB. The Wall Street Journal, a few days ago reported that Bud is changing thier beer recipe by using more hops to appeal to changing tastes.

Check out a synopsis of the article from the Beer Therpy Blog.

The hilarity of these developments was not lost on Miller's executives who hired a plane with a banner reading "Sire, sire, pants on fire." to buzz Bud's HQ. Appearently, Shakespeare's incarnation works for the Miller PR department.

You can read the news article from the Millwaukee Journal Sentinal.

The whole conflict is a sad juxposition to the relationships between small breweries that make good beer and are happy to have eachother help while crappy corporate whores are always bearers of negativity. The big beer makers have been cutthroat for a long time, and spend billions marketing thier inferior products using various ridiculous ploys, so I guess none of this should be too surprising. But I think that good beer is sexy all by itself.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bridger said...

I think Blue moon is made by coors. You can tell by that outrageously delicious rocky mountain water. I've never heard of Saranac. What's pussy beer? it sounds kinda wierd but I bet steve would like some.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

This is pussy beer:

http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/content?oid=23587

9:18 AM  
Blogger Bridger said...

Felecia says a man who drinks that is definatly macho.

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home