9.07.2006

Summer decadence - sorry

So it's been awhile since I've posted on this space...

and I guess any former reader who accidentally clicked an old bookmark to be surprised by this new post deserves some explanation. I wish I'd been busy on a beer tour of northern Europe, sharpening my Belgian beer whit, but the truth is I've spent the last couple monthes mostly lolling around town. Besides some short trips to California and MT I've been riding my bike a little, keeping the Lucky Lab in business, and monitoring six-pack prices at Fred Meyer. Though I've perchased, guzzled, and metabolized healthy quantities of micro-brewed-bottled-bliss, my fingers have failed in typing its virtues.

Sierra Nevada survivor at Zack and Shauna's in MissoulaThis blog fizzled , contrary to common sense,when I took summer term off school leaving little responsibility besides showing up to work sometimes. When I was busier, during finals week for instance, I couldn't wait to sit at my laptop and write about my favorite distraction, drinking beer. But confronted with a demands of an open schedule, it seemed like work.

It's funny how I completely loose motivation for tasks that I've come to perceive as responsibility. I stopped showering and brushing my teeth for the same reason (when I was 7; I got over it). And this little bout of summer laziness will end too.

It's also funny how drinking beer never seems like work, but I swear, the minute it does, it's over... I'll take a long break and have a beer.

This blog was a lot of fun when I was updating it, and I'd like to start again. For a while Felecia was buying my sixpacks of new microbews to get me to post again; I rode that gravytrain as long as I could. But now it's time to collect my remaining neurons and put them to use documenting their demise again.

I've missed my internet beer friends, let's catch up.

5 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

No worries - If you leave the blog up long enough, and post infrequently, it looks like you've done a lot.

Welcome ... back?

2:22 PM  
Blogger Jeff Alworth said...

Oh. my. god. I thought we'd lost you for good. Another dead blog, thought I--'tis a pity. Since you been keeping the Lab in business, I judge your time well-spent.

I suppose you should only post as long as it's pleasant to do so--and certainly to the extent it provides motivation for people to buy you beer. But blogging should be fun, too, not a burden. Nice to see you back, for however long it lasts.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Eli said...

holy shit, welcome back.

6:16 AM  
Blogger Bridger said...

Thanks everyone.

8:16 AM  
Blogger MikeyPDX said...

Good to see you back.

Word verification: soupyo. Okay, so maybe it's only funny to me.

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home