6.09.2006

Widmer W'06

Widmer W'06 tastes like candy. I actually got a sugar high. It has two very distinct flavors, super-sweet maltiness and a gruff hop bitter borrowed from Broken Halo IPA, that don't meld very well. Their website lists the bittering hops as Alchemy, which I've never heard of. The first sip was surprising, but after that it seemed over-done. Blah.

Incidentally, my critiques must be put in perspective. I drank a PBR tall boy after a couple of these and it almost made me gag. W'06 is a hell of a beer, and only inferior in the context of the craft beer deluge surrounding my little Portland apartment.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bridger said...

...says the man who bought me my first Guiness.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

I'm in love with W'06. Almost as much as W' 05. I have trouble believing it's the same as Broken Halo though. Maybe I just like the W-line packaging better.

BTW - how could you gag on PBR? Was it all the corn?

5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you about how sweet this brew is. It took me damn near an hour to drink the thing just because of how sweet it was and this is coming from a guy who LOVES Rogue Chocolate Stout. I highly doubt I'll give this one another try.

Also, just wanted to say thanks for commenting on my blog. I really appreciate you taking your time to read my stuff and letting me know what you think.
-Rick [www.bobwoodshed.org/beer]

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home